And be they friend or foe…

I’m really sick of being used. I am not some Magic 8-ball that you can ask your questions and shake up when you don’t like the answers. I’m not a freaking hobby you can pick up when you’re bored and have nothing better to do with your time. I’m not some charity case in need of your condescension.
If you want to be my friend, then BE MY FRIEND. But that means you take everything, not just the parts you like, or that benefit you. Friendship is a reciprocal relationship. That means I give some, you give some. That means I take some, you take some. It doesn’t work if it’s only going one direction.
And don’t ask for my advise if you don’t honestly want it. I put a lot of thought and care and love into what I say, what I offer you. I don’t expect you to throw it in the mud. I’m not a fortune cookie. I’m not going to help you externalize your problems just so you don’t have to deal with them. If you want to run from your issues, fine. But don’t use me for ‘advise,’ then blame me when you don’t want to listen.

Sometimes we’ll need breaks from each other, sometimes we’ll need something, and the other wont be in a spot to give it. That’s fine. But ’using’ is when you take anyway, when you take advantage of a gift someone freely gave you, and expect them to keep feeding you.

Comments