Dude, That’s Intense

So here’s a rant for the day.

For as long as I can remember, I’ve been told I’m intense. Really intense. totally intense. Very, very sweet… but kinda intense.

I have no major complaint, I guess. There are far worse things to be known for. but being “intense” doesn’t really say anything tangible about me. What exactly does it mean to be “intense"?

Is it my approach to life? my state of being? Am I a freakin light bulb or something; you need shades in order to see me at close distance?

I assume it has to do with my approach to life. I try to be really straight forward about things. If I think something, I make no apologies for it. I see no reason to. If I believe something, there’s a reason for it, and I shouldn’t be ashamed of having an opinion.

That doesn’t mean I’m against hearing other thoughts. I love hearing how other people think, and where it takes them, I honestly do. I respect that others have that same right of expression, and I expect them to use it. I guess that makes me intense?

When I want something, I do everything I can to get it. Basically, if I make up my mind about something, then why would I waste my time? Why would I hem and haw about it? That wouldn’t get me what I want, right?

So I guess that’s intense. I don’t know, it doesn’t feel intense to me. It just feels clear. It’s less exhausting than sitting around and whining about it, hoping that circumstances will hand things to me. So I guess I’m alright with being intense.

Comments