Because You’re Pretty

I have a personal mission, a holy passion!

I wish to see women accept and enjoy themselves as BEAUTIFUL!

So many women disregard their own beauty;

I’m too fat,
I’m too thin,
I have this big, mushy belly from having my kids,
I just don’t think of myself and pretty.
Why cover up? Guys are just gonna stare anyways.
Oh, I’m not pretty. I just have fun and take care of [fill in your blank], so it’s ok. But I’m not pretty.
Oh god, NO one wants to see me without my make up!

And why do ANY of these points make you less beautiful?? I call shenanigans. I call BULLSHIT.

But what does that mean to you? I can tell you how beautiful you are every day for eternity, but it won’t mean anything.
So instead, I offer you a challenge. I Double Dog DARE you:

Every day before you hide behind the makeup, before you layer under T-shirts and sweaters or pad your bra, before you step on any scale; find three things you like about yourself. PHYSICAL things. Little things, big things, I don’t care.
I want you to find things about yourself that YOU like. I don’t care what your significant other likes, what your friends compliment you on.

What parts of you do YOU appreciate?

1. ?
2. ??
3. ???

I dare you to do this for a whole week. SEVEN WHOLE DAYS. Give yourself permission to feel good about yourself. Give yourself permission to be pretty, just as you are.

It’s only a week. What have you got to lose? What do you have to be afraid of?

Comments