Everyday Beauty Queens

Let me just hit the nail on the head: Health has NOTHING to do with your clothing size.

Nothing. Period.

Don’t turn me off yet, listen to my words.
Clothing is made to fit your physical dimensions, not your physical fitness level. It is not a definition of your health status. If you are broad in shoulder and/or hip, you’re going to wear a bigger size than the willowy girl next to you. Not because she’s healthier, but because you are built on entirely different frames. There’s no comparison.

I have a wide, very sturdy very German bone frame. (think of Brunhilde the Valkyrie, and you’ve pretty much got it. Minus the horns… and armor made out of dinner plates) It’s genetic, it’s how my body grew.
I will never be able to trade clothes with my beautiful petite Filipino friends. I’m about half a foot wider, not to mention taller. It’s just not gonna work.
But, that doesn’t make either of us unhealthy.

At my healthiest, when my hips and legs were all toned and my tummy and back held each other in line, I was still a size 16. But I felt great! I don’t expect to ever get below that, because my hip bones themselves are just that wide.

So, when you look in the mirror and start critiquing your body (as we all do) this is what you should look for:

1. Does your body meet your daily requirements?
Can you chase your kids/animals, do your chores and make it from point A to B without dying?

2. Does your body need rest? Nourishment?
Having fixed those, are you still worn down?

And 3. For those of you that really need to be challenged somehow:
If the zombie ninjas attacked tonight, Could you escape before being caught and eaten??

If you answered “no” to any of the above, you may need to l change some things. And that’s okay too.

But if you answered yes; Honey, give yourself a break! You’re fine!
Strut your stuff in your size 22 Curveliscious jeans and find something else to worry about!

Comments