November Recap:

Oh. My Heavens! November was C-razy.

Bad news first:

I did not, sadly, win NaNoWriMo this year (Sad face). I got to 26,000 the day before Thanksgiving, and wasn’t able to visit it again until Dec. 1st.
I did respectable though. I worked steadily every day, All month long. And what I have written has potential to be a full novel. Fingers crossed!

Regarding my first book, The Rooftops of London: I’ve gotten back almost all edits from my beta readers (Thank you ladies!) and am still on track for a New Years release!

In other news:

I spent a lovely holiday in my hometown. I got to snuggle on my grandparents, and my newest nephew. I saw a small handful of old friends, including the man who sparked my interest in the violin, AND the lovely lady who first taught me to play one!

I also found out that my hand-eye coordination is not as bad as first thought; I beat my cousin at bowling (three games out of four!) and I hit the target in shooting practice more often than I thought I would. I was quite impressed with myself.

I hunted through the old family library, hoping for our collection of L.Frank Baum books (Wizard of Oz) and was only able to locate ONE(Another sad face). BUT, I did find a small collection of Ellis Peters (The Cadfael mysteries) and Elizabeth Peters (The Amelia Peabody mysteries. Both series are exceptional, and I highly recommend them.

And last, but certainly not least: My brother reclaimed the record player we had growing up, and picked up a handful of records today, So I am currently getting serenaded by amazing, classic recordings of nursery rhymes! (Hey diddle, diddle is probably my favorite)

All in all, this month has been running me ragged. School kicking up for the kiddos, colds and flus abounding, and all around life sliding along the proverbial rollercoaster. But, we ended on a high note!
I would regal you with more high notes, but this blog is already long, and dinner is simmering.

Stay tuned for more news on my soon-to-be released FIRST novella, The Rooftops of London!

Comments